2.20.2016

Art of Others - My view

"Love is all you need" - Marianne Konvalinka
Mixed media on board, 12" x 16"
Seeing the world through the 3:2 aspect ratio of a 35mm negative. Sharing work of others in a zoomed view. See their websites for the full versions of their work. 

"Hard Hat Area" - Rick Friesen
Battleship linoleum mounted on sheetrock, 5" x 7"

Figure of a Cat and a Mouse. Made by Höchst Manufactory (Germany) about 1760. 
Museum of Fine Arts Boston. Hard-paste porcelain, height 7.5" and 4.75"

"Cat & Mouse" - Megan Mizuta
Ink on sketch paper, 5.5" x 3.5"

"Siddhartha Gotama in gas mask" - Samuel Stimpert
Bronze, steel, iron, fabric

"Take your lanes please" - Jerri link
Acrylic on aluminum, 4" x 5.5"

Links to the artists websites:



I'm closing with lyrics from Counting Crows "Mr Jones". Check out the video:  Mr. Jones.  Thanks for stopping by to take a look.  -Gregg


I will paint my picture
Paint myself in blue and red and black and gray
All of the beautiful colors are very very meaningful
Gray is my favorite color I felt so symbolic yesterday
If I knew Picasso
I would buy myself a gray guitar and play
Mr. Jones and me look into the future  -Counting Crows



No comments:

Post a Comment